Have you read the label on those things? Scary!
At any rate, we all need a good home cooked meal at times, and who cares if you cut a few corners. In this recipe, you use store bought sauce and a quick meatball mixture to make a yummy, healthy dinner for your family. It's a really a simple way to make spaghetti and meatballs with good ingredients.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1 16 ounce jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (you can even go organic)
- spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb. ground meat (beef, pork or turkey)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp All-Spice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1) In a large bowl, combine ground meat, bread crumbs, egg, ground oregano, dried oregano, All Spice and black pepper. Heat large skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
2) In a medium saucepan, place spaghetti sauce over low heat.
3) Form ground meat mixture into 2 inch thick meatballs. Place around skillet with about 1/2inch between each, then put a few in the center.
Brown/slightly blacken on each side. You'll probably need to do 2 batches.
When you finish each batch, place them into the spaghetti sauce.
4) After both batches are done and in the spaghetti sauce, boil spaghetti noodles as directed. Add the drippings from your skillet for bonus points ;)
5) Let spaghetti sauce and meatballs simmer for about 20 minutes.
6) Serve over noodles.
This is a really easy recipe to modify. Use your favorite noodles, sauce and choice of meat, but also try adding some vegetables to the mix!
- Heather -